In our house, this “salad” is a hit as a spread on Wasa crackers.
It also works on top of a green salad or as a spread with a tomato sandwich.
Chickpea Etc. Salad
A No-measure Recipe
1. Drain and rinse a can of chickpeas.
2. Add to large bowl and mash, leaving some chunky bits.
3. Chop and add any veggies and herbs you like (for this batch, I used celery, red pepper, jalapeno, and cilantro). Choose amounts you like, according to your tastes.
4. Add lemon juice (fresh or bottled). Mix well. Add a tablespoon at a time, until you are happy with the taste.
5. Add several shakes of Mrs. Dash seasoning (original).
6. Mix well.
7. Add some sea salt to taste.
8. Something missing? Play around with it. Add a little pepper or more Mrs. Dash. If you have a sauce or condiment you like, try it.
Note: This recipe is oil free. You could add mayo, but then you take some of the health benefits away by adding such a high fat condiment.
You could also make this with black beans or another type of bean.
Let me know what combinations of ingredients make your Chickpea Etc. Salad a hit in your house.
Wishing you a healthy and successful journey,